Praying for you from Head to Toe


 

As my children get older, it’s becoming very obvious to me, that there will be (already have been) choices they make regarding friends, behaviors, music etc. that are completely out of my control.  After all, I cannot “police” what they are doing online and follow them around 24/7.  (I know this because I’ve already tried and it’s exhausting.  And even then, I still missed a few things.)  Although I am very grateful and praise God when they make good decisions, my heart has already been wounded by some not so great decisions as well.  It’s just proof positive that we live in a fallen world and we (and our children) are prone to sin and no amount of church attendance or bible reading can completely obliterate it from our lives.
Yet what is a parent supposed to do?  Feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, worry and anxiety can (and will) run rampant every time our children leave home if we are constantly focused on what they’re doing, who they’re with, what they’re listening too. 
Recently, I came across a prayer:  Praying For Your Children From Head To Toe.  The control I regained praying this prayer is powerful.  I am reminded every time I pray through it, that “I can’t control these outside influences and be everywhere all the time God, but You Can.
May you be blessed and feel more in control when praying this prayer for your children too.  (Keep in mind; it’s a wonderful prayer for adult children who are struggling and out of your reach.)

Dear Lord,
Today I pray earnestly for my children:
For their minds: That they would earnestly seek wisdom and knowledge
and stay centered on the truth of Your Word.
For their eyes:  Protect their innocence and focus their
attention on doing what is right.
For their ears: May they be quick to listen to instruction and
hear Your still small voice.
For their mouths:  Keep them from speaking evil and lies.
For their hearts:   Bless them with happy and cheerful hearts.
For their hands:  Let their hands not be idle but that You would establish
the work of their hands.
For their legs:  Let them not walk in step with the wicked.
Let them find wise and godly companions.
For their feet:  Direct their steps and protect them from stumbling.
Pray for your children from Head to Toe today, and watch God work.
“Pray without ceasing.”  1 Thessalonians 5:17
(Prayer adapted and taken from www.lovinglifeathome.com )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Right Behind God

This is the Day